Once a year, VIP Fishing Charters awards merit-based scholarships for students pursuing higher education with an emphasis in social and applied sciences.
VIP Fishing Charters is an acclaimed resource for matching fishing enthusiasts with their ideal fishing charters in Florida, and seeks to make educational opportunities available to those committed to studying and school. Any student who is entering university or college as a full-time student is eligible.
VIP Fishing Charters hopes to help alleviate some of the financial stress for a hard working student. VIP Fishing Charters' owner Steve Seigel thinks this kind of encouragement goes beyond a dollar sign. It shows that a company representing US identity believes in the success of its young community.
How to Apply
- Deadline: Scholarships will be awarded once per year. Fall Scholarship applications must be postmarked by July 30, 2013 and will be awarded by Aug 20th, 2013.
- Award: $500 awarded to one recipient
- Eligibility: US citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0 enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in Fall 2013 or Spring of 2014.
- Application: Three components must be submitted for your entry: (A) Application Form, (B) Small Writing Project, and (C) Copy of transcript.
(A) Application Form: Click to view and print: VIP Fishing Charters Scholarship Application. All fields must be answered.
(B) Small Writing Project: On a website, blog, or online forum, write a 500-800 word post that expresses your opinion of what factors contribute to a successful day of fishing.
Criteria for evaluation: the best posts will give clear details, avoid grammatical or spelling errors, demonstrate creativity, and weave in the applicant's personal thoughts. They must also include a link from the website or blog to the VIP Fishing Charters website (www.vipfishingcharters.com).
(C) Transcript: Include, or have sent, a current transcript (either official or an unofficial printed copy) to the address below. All materials must be postmarked by July 30, 2013 for the upcoming Fall Scholarship.
- Submit: send completed application to the Scholarship Coordinator. Mailing Address: Scholarship Coordinator, VIP Fishing Charters, 540 San Marco Dr, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA 33301